Accelerating Your Mission...Streamlining its Success
DeSantis Management Group
Your Complete Association Headquarters
Society & Association Management,
Meeting Solutions and More
If your organization is approaching a time of transition, you may find that a reputable association management company can help lead it to a stronger future.
DeSantis Management Group (DMG) serves its clients by providing an experienced management team - giving stakeholders peace of mind, accountability, value and performance.
Located in the heart of Orange County, CA - about 5 miles north of John Wayne Airport, DMG has been in business since 1972 serving organizations and groups at a local, state, regional and international levels.
Leadership & Advocacy
We take great care in the way we do things — with transparency, alignment, and trust. That is the foundation for our long lasting client relationships.
Going beyond the routine, we think creatively and strategically about your organization.
Doing so provides essential protection and an approach to management that can give you confidence that our daily work is done with an eye toward the sustainability of your mission, goals and objectives.
As an Association Management Company (AMC), our depth of experience, capabilities and resources makes it possible to provide comprehensive services for a variety of organizational types and sizes. The AMC model is based on the concept of flexibility and shared resources. Under this mutually advantageous system, DMG can provide full service, partial service or project-based clients with a wide array of expertise and capabilities in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
Our scope of services include the following functional areas:
Association Management (more detail)
Meeting & Event Production
Marketing & Promotion
Trade Shows and Industry Relations
Industry Symposia & Support
CME Program Development
CME Processing Expertise
Communications & Publications
Advocacy, Public Relations & Social Media Development
Social Media Strategy and Implementation
Our client focus is on healthcare related non-profit organizations such as professional membership societies, charitable/educational organizations and affiliated groups. Our scope also includes meetings, events, symposia, projects with healthcare corporations, pharma, universities and government. Clients and projects have ranged from international in scale down to the local community.
This diversity combined with flexible staffing allows us to "grow with the flow" of client progress while maintaining financial stability.
current client roster
At DMG, we take a team approach. That means you benefit from the diverse experience of not just one team member, but from an entire group of skilled professionals - scalable to your needs. While clients may have one point-person, we are always working together in an open, flexible environment that reduces bureaucracy and speeds delivery. We hire, train and continually advance employee’s skill level. All employees are required to maintain high professional and personal standards of association management. Professional affiliations include the America Society of Association Executives and the California Society of Association Execs.
To the table we bring time-tested proven management skills, professional standards, and a culture of continuous improvement, performance and accountability.
- Provide professional office environment & facility
- Provide professional staff, equipment, conference room
- Serve as communications hub, track correspondence
- Shipping & receiving of materials
- Provide continuity/disaster management plan
- Provide data storage, security & backup
- Provide record storage & archiving (up to 5 years)
- Regularly update our systems & software
PLANNING & ORGANIZATIONAL
- Develop an annual planning calendar and action plans
- Target and monitor goals and strategic plans, oversee project development and tasks, consult and advise as needed
- Provide board accountability tools, policy handbook and procedural implementation of bylaws
- Manage the election process for officers & directors
- Coordinate tasks and projects with officers and committee members
- Assist with tax-exempt status compliance, regulatory requirements and governmental inquiries
- Develop & monitor annual budget, polices & financial goals
- Prepare & distribute financial reports for Board, Treasurer and Audit committee
- Manage and supervise investments & cash reserves - advise Treasurer as needed
- Complete accounting functions, bookkeeping, banking, disbursements and deposits
- Prepare & process dues renewals statements & reminders
- Maintain & all financial records, backup documentation and computerization
- Ensure filings & assist CPA in preparation of tax returns, audit or review
- Prepare meeting notices & agendas for all meetings
- Prepare reports & meeting materials for all meetings
- Take, edit and disseminate minutes at meetings
- Coordinate mailings & newsletter production, email broadcasts, post website updates
- Manage social media platforms and integrate as needed
- Respond to emails and inquiries, keep log
EVENTS & MEETINGS
- Assist program directors in design and planning of annual conferences
- Establish timeline & production schedule
- Provide budget, financial reports, banking and record keeping
- Design, produce and mail/email meeting announcements
- Direct, coordinate, manage and supervise all arrangements and logistics
- Communicate and coordinate with speakers, presenters and leaders
- Provide registration services: forms, badges, reports
- Negotiate with hotel, facility, vendors – contracts for current & future years
- Conduct site inspections, planning meetings as needed with arrangements committee
- Develop registration brochure, marketing materials & program directory
- Create evaluation forms, distribute, tabulate results & provide feedback to speakers
- Assist with any accreditation requirements
Prepare and disseminate post-meeting reports
- Liaison with industry representatives for exhibit, symposia, sponsorship/grant income
- Coordinate grant requests for industry support
- Solicit advertising and prepare specifications, manage process to printer
- Develop relationships and rapport, create advisory committee if necessary
- Promote membership growth & retention
- Develop marketing strategy and prospect list
- Maintain current membership records and database
- Provide membership services support, reports, mailing list, labels, mailings, dues analysis
- Design & produce membership roster
TECH & INTERNET SERVICES
- Manage IT, update, suggest improvements
- Build custom website and/or maintain existing
- Revise, update and manage web-based services & apps
- Research & recommend technology applications and solutions
© 2021 DeSantis Management Group | All Rights Reserved