Society & Association Management
Meeting Planning and More
If your organization is approaching a time of transition, you may find that a reputable association management company can help lead it to a stronger future.
DMG serves its clients by providing an experienced management team giving stakeholders peace of mind, accountability, value and performance.
DMG provides the perfect combination of large-firm experience and capability with smaller-firm flexibility and cost.
Award winning Service
Leadership & Advocacy
DMG is a professional meeting planning and association management company (AMC) that has the depth of skills, experience, resources and contacts built up over many years to produce professional results for a variety of organizational types and sizes. The AMC approach is based on the concept of flexibility and shared resources. Under this mutually advantageous system, DMG can provide full service, partial service or project-based clients with a wide array of expertise and capabilities in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
DMG is located in the heart of Orange County, CA - about 5 miles north of John Wayne Airport. We have been in business since 1972 serving organizations and groups at a local, state, regional and international levels.
The foundation for our long lasting client relationships is the consistent delivery of performance and results in a cost-effective, budget conscious manner.
Whether you are looking for basic administrative support or a new management team, we are flexible. DMG is always ready to go to the next level.
- Association Management
- Meeting & Event Production
- Marketing & Promotion
- Trade Shows and Industry Relations
- CME Program Development
- Advisory Boards
- Industry Symposia
- Communications & Publications
- Strategic Planning
- Advocacy, Public Relations & Social Media Development
- Research Projects
Our clientèle includes non-profit groups such as professional societies as well as healthcare corporations, pharma, universities and start-ups. We can provide partial or comprehensive management or project based services depending on budget and needs. Our clients and projects have ranged from international in scale down to the local community. This diversity combined with flexible staffing allows us to "grow with the flow" of client progress while maintaining financial stability.
Leading the Way
Through tumultuous times, DMG remains committed to building strong, collaborative relationships. Our flexible business model and strategic mindset allow us to anticipate and respond to opportunities and threats our clients face. Doing so provides essential protection and an approach to management that can give you confidence that our daily work is done with an eye toward the sustainability of your mission, goals and objectives.
We utilize a dedicated staff-team approach to the management of client groups in a fast, flexible, flat organization that reduces bureaucracy and simplifies work. We hire, train and continually advance our employee’s skill level. All of our employees are required to maintain high professional and personal standards of association management. Professional affiliations include the America Society of Association Executives and the California Society of Association Execs.
To the table we bring time-tested proven management skills, professional standards, and a culture of continuous improvement, performance and accountability. We work closely with the client leadership to chart a plan that emphasizes opportunity for value creation.
- Provide full time office, staff, equipment, conference room
- Serve as communications hub, track correspondence
- Shipping & receiving of materials
- Provide disaster management plan
- Provide data storage & backup
- Provide record storage & archiving (up to 10 years)
PLANNING & ORGANIZATIONAL
- Develop an annual planning calendar and action plans
- Target and monitor goals and strategic plans, oversee project development and tasks, consult and advise as needed
- Provide board accountability tools, policy handbook and procedural implementation of bylaws
- Manage the election process for officers & directors
- Coordinate tasks and projects with officers and committee members
- Assist with tax-exempt status compliance, regulatory requirements and governmental inquiries
- Develop & monitor annual budget, polices & financial goals
- Prepare & distribute financial reports for Board, Treasurer and Audit committee
- Manage and supervise investments & cash reserves - advise Treasurer as needed
- Complete accounting functions, bookkeeping, banking, disbursements and deposits
- Prepare & process dues renewals statements & reminders
- Maintain & all financial records, backup documentation and computerization
- Ensure filings & assist CPA in preparation of tax returns, audit or review
- Prepare meeting notices & agendas for all meetings
- Prepare reports & meeting materials for all meetings
- Take, edit and disseminate minutes at meetings
- Coordinate mailings & newsletter production, email broadcasts, post website updates
- Manage social media platforms and integrate as needed
- Respond to emails and inquiries, keep log
EVENTS & MEETINGS
- Assist program directors in design and planning of annual conferences
- Establish timeline & production schedule
- Provide budget, financial reports, banking and record keeping
- Design, produce and mail/email meeting announcements
- Direct, coordinate, manage and supervise all arrangements and logistics
- Communicate and coordinate with speakers, presenters and leaders
- Provide registration services: forms, badges, reports
- Negotiate with hotel, facility, vendors – contracts for current & future years
- Conduct site inspections, planning meetings as needed with arrangements committee
- Develop registration brochure, marketing materials & program directory
- Create evaluation forms, distribute, tabulate results & provide feedback to speakers
- Assist with any accreditation requirements
Prepare and disseminate post-meeting reports
- Liaison with industry representatives for exhibit, symposia, sponsorship/grant income
- Coordinate grant requests for industry support
- Solicit advertising and prepare specifications, manage process to printer
- Develop relationships and rapport, create advisory committee if necessary
- Promote membership growth & retention
- Develop marketing strategy and prospect list
- Maintain current membership records and database
- Provide membership services support, reports, mailing list, labels, mailings, dues analysis
- Design & produce membership roster
TECH & INTERNET SERVICES
- Manage IT, update, suggest improvements
- Build custom website or maintain existing
- Revise, update and manage web-site pages as needed
- Research & recommend technology applications and solutions
© 2017 DeSantis Management Group | All Rights Reserved